In this help article, you will find an overview of the necessary steps for creating a Jimdo bank account.
To create and use a Jimdo bank account, you need an Android or Apple smartphone. There are four simple steps to complete in order to create your new account:
Download our app and fill in your information
- Download the Jimdo Finance app from the Play Store or App Store.
- Open the app and log in to your existing Jimdo account. If you don't have a Jimdo account yet, you can also create a new one here.
- Fill in your details
- First, enter your phone number. We will then send you a code by SMS, which you have to use in the next step.
- Enter the code to verify your device
- If you have not secured your smartphone with a secure unlock method, you will be prompted to do so at this point (e.g. unlock pattern, fingerprint or Face ID).
Confirm your identity
Follow the instructions in the app and confirm your identity via IDNow:
- You will need a stable internet connection, an identity document (e.g. ID card or passport) and a quiet place. You will also need to allow our app to access your phone’s camera.
- Generally, the check is completed within a few hours. In some cases, however, it can take up to 24 hours. Check the status and proceed to the next steps when the verification process has been completed.
If the verification failed, our app will give you the possibility to contact our support team.
Select a PIN
Select a four-digit PIN for your future debit card and confirm it afterwards. You will need this PIN often in the future, so make sure you remember it well.
If you have followed the steps correctly, you will be informed that your debit card is on its way. Keep in mind that this can take up to 3 days.
Alongside your card, you will receive a one-time code that you will require to activate your card.