Even if your store is set up properly, you may still get questions from your buyers about failed orders or payments in your Online Store.
Completing Store Setup
Before we move further, please take a few minutes to ensure that your store has been set up properly and is ready to sell:
- Your Online Store is set up and ready for business
- Your website is published and you’ve set up a minimum order value for your store
Reasons behind failed orders or payments
Sometimes an order may fail because the payment has failed on the payment provider's side. This could occur for a number of reasons, a few of which we’ve listed below.
- Exceeding transaction limit at the buyer’s end
- Insufficient funds on the payment method chosen by the buyer
- Transaction rejected/denied by the payment provider
- When you are trying to purchase an order from your store yourself and the buyer and seller account is the same
Your customers will mostly contact you in case of failed orders or payments. In most cases, you can ask your customer to try ordering again with a different payment method.
Contacting payment providers for failed orders or payments
Please keep in mind that failed orders do not appear in the order overview.