Every new, published Dolphin website is accessible via the free *.jimdosite subdomain. If you’re using a paid Dolphin plan, you may use your own domain instead. Let’s talk about the registration process.
Register your domain
- Log in to your Jimdo account and choose the desired website
- Click Edit to enter your Dolphin website’s edit mode
- Click on Get your own domain located in the top bar
- You’ll now be given some suggestions - choose one of them or type in your desired domain
- Click Select next to the domain of your choice
- Fill in the registration form
- Click the verification link within the email that you’ll receive from our provider ‘name.com’.
Please note that this has to be done within 14 days in order for you to use your domain
The registration process usually takes between 1 - 5 days.
You’ll need to stick to certain general rules when registering a domain. These owner regulations are compliant with the responsible registration authority - for example, ICANN for .com, *.net, and org. domains or the Denic for *.de domains.