Every new, published Dolphin website is accessible via the free *.jimdosite subdomain. If you’re using a Dolphin premium plan, you may use your own domain instead. Let’s talk about the registration process.
Register your domain
- Log in to your Jimdo account and choose the desired website
- Click Edit to enter your Dolphin website’s edit mode
- Click on Get your own domain located in the top bar
- You’ll now be given some suggestions - choose one of them or type in your desired domain
- Click Select next to the domain of your choice
- Fill in the registration form
- For domains that are not country specific (like .com), you'll receive an email from us containing a verification link. Please click this verification link in order to finish registering your domain.
Please note that this has to be done within 14 days in order for you to use your domain
The registration process is usually completed within 24 hours.
- You’ll need to stick to certain general rules when registering a domain. These owner regulations are compliant with the responsible registration authority - for example, ICANN for *.com, *.net, and *org. domains or the Denic for *.de domains.
- Find out which domain extensions are supported if you register your domain with Jimdo:
Which domain extensions are supported?