Every new, published Dolphin website is accessible via the free *.jimdosite subdomain. If you’re using a paid Dolphin package, you may use your own domain instead. Let’s talk about the registration process.
Register your domain
- Log in to your Jimdo account
- On your dashboard, click on the paid website for which you’d like to register a domain
- Click on Get your domain in the top left corner next to the profile symbol
- You’ll now be given some suggestions - choose one of them or type in your desired domain
- Click available next to your desired domain
- Fill in the registration form - we’ll take care of everything else
The registration process usually takes between 1 and 5 days.
You will need to adhere to certain general rules when registering a domain. These owner regulations are compliant with the responsible registration authority - for example, ICANN for *.com, *.net, and* org. domains or the Denic for *.de domains.