You’ve already connected your domain to your Dolphin website, and now you need your own email address with your domain? We’re happy to help!
A forwarding address, also called alias, is a pure forwarding of incoming emails. This email address does not have its own inbox, but will simply forward the messages on to a real email account. You won’t be able to answer from a forwarding address. Instead, you will send answers from your real email account.
Set Up Email Forwarding
Please follow these steps to set up email forwarding:
- Log in to your Jimdo account
- Click on the three dot menu (⋮) next to your website’s name
- Click Email
- Choose Set up email forwarding
- Under Email address, type in the forwarding address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Under Forward to, choose the email account that all messages should be forwarded to (your existing email account). If your address does not appear, simply add it via your Dashboard account
- Click on the plus symbol to confirm
Note that it will take up to 24 hours for the forwarding to be active.