You can connect Google Workspace to your domain in order to create a fully featured email account (@yourdomain.com).
In case you’re using a forwarded domain, you’d have to take care of these settings at your domain provider. The following instruction only applies for a domain registered at Jimdo.
Please note: Google Workspace is a paid service offered by Google.
Creating a Google Workspace account and verifying your domain
- Sign up for the paid Google Workspace package
- After logging in, you will see the screen to Set up Google Workspace
- Click Continue to setup
- You'll now see Welcome to the Admin Console - click Next
- Click Activate next to Activate Gmail for yourDomain
- Click Continue to reach the step Route emails to Gmail
- Click on Copy under 5. Get your verification code
Afterwards, you’ll need to take care of a few steps from within the dashboard of your Jimdo account. Please don’t close the browser window in which the verification of your domain takes place. Instead, open a new browser window or tab for the following steps.
- Log in to your Jimdo account and choose your website
- Click on the paper plane icon (Email) on the left edge
- Click the Google Workspace tab
- Paste the verification code into the empty field and click Save
- Go back to the Google activation process and click the button that says Activate Gmail
Normally, your domain should be verified after a short waiting period. It can take up to 72 hours for you to be able to use your email account. To use your email account, simply sign in to Gmail.