You can connect Google Workspace to your domain in order to create a fully featured email account (@yourdomain.com).
In case you’re using a forwarded domain, you’d have to take care of these settings at your domain provider. The following instruction only applies for a domain registered at Jimdo.
Please note: Google Workspace is a paid service offered by Google.
Creating a Google Workspace account and verifying your domain
- Purchase your Google Workspace account
- After signing up, you'll arrive at the step Set up Google Workspace
- Click on Activate
- The next step is Get DNS records or settings - click on Next: Step 2 here
- You should now see Add MX records. Scroll down until you come upon H (Get your verification code). Click the code to copy it to your clipboard
Afterwards, you’ll need to take care of a few steps from within the dashboard of your Jimdo account. Please don’t close the browser window in which the verification of your domain takes place. Instead, open a new browser window or tab for the following steps.
- Log in to your Jimdo account and choose your website
- Click on Email on the left edge
- Click the Google Workspace tab
- Paste the verification code into the empty field and click Save
- Go back to the Google activation process and click the button that says Activate Gmail
- At the next step, you should be able to see Checking MX Records. This will take a moment
- After waiting for a bit, the text Done! MX Records updated should appear. Click on Done
- You can add more paid users in the next step. Click Skip if you just want to use your own email account
- Done! Your Google Workspace email account it now set up
Normally, your domain should be verified after a short waiting period. It can take up to 72 hours for you to be able to use your email account. To use your email account, simply sign in to Gmail.
- After creating your email account, you can log in via Google Mail and start using your email inbox
- You can create further email aliases (email@example.com) without any extra cost. Have a look at this help article from Google
- If you'd like to use your email account with an email client like Thunderbird, Outlook or Mac Mail, then Google provides a help article for this as well