Product categories provide your visitors a quick overview of your products. Each category will appear as a subpage so your visitors can easily view all products under it.
Creating Product Categories
In order to create product categories, you’ll need to add at least two products to your Jimdo store. After which, you can create product categories by the below steps:
- Log in to your Jimdo account and choose the desired website
- Click on Store > Products and categories in the left menu
- In the bottom left, click Add Category
- Choose at least one product that should be added to the new category
- Type the name for that category in the text field above and click Save category
Add Products to an existing Category, removing Products, renaming Product Categories
Take care of further settings by navigating to Store > Products and categories in the left menu.
- Add products to an existing category by clicking the gear icon (Edit Category) next to the desired category. Check the boxes next to the products you'd like to add to this category and click Save Changes
- Remove products from a category by clicking on the three dots (⋮) next to the product you'd like removed and then clicking on Remove from category. If you remove all products from a category this way, the category itself will be deleted
- Rename a product category by clicking the gear icon (Edit Category) next to the desired category. Change the name in the text field above and click Save Changes