Using the focal point, you can make sure that the important parts of your images are always visible, even if users are viewing your website on smaller screens like smartphones or tablets.
For instance, if there's text in your image or a certain item or person that should always be visible, then you can ensure that using the focal point.
Setting the focal point
You can set the focal point for every image that is within a block of your Jimdo website. By default, the focal point is centered in the visible area.
Here's how you set a new focal point:
- Log in to your Jimdo account and choose the desired website
- Click Edit website to enter your Jimdo website’s edit mode
- Click on the image for which you'd like to change the focal point
- Click on the focus icon (Set Focal Point)
- Click the part of the image that should always be visible or drag the focal point by clicking and holding the mouse button
- Click anywhere outside the image to finish the process