Google My Business attributes help inform your customers about the details of your business and furthermore can help you garner more visibility when it comes to local search queries. For example, if someone searches for vegetarian restaurants near me, a restaurant that has the matching attributes is more likely to appear in the search results.
Depending on what your business is, there is a different variety of attributes that you can choose from. There’s general attributes that are always available, as well as attributes that are only applicable for certain businesses, e.g. restaurants or hotels. Choosing the right main category is important so that the relevant attributes are available.
Afterwards, choose the right attributes for the different sections. You might be able to choose from these:
- Accessibility attributes: Using the right attributes, potential customers can find out whether they’ll be able to access your business or store location easily
- From the business: Details about management
- Health & safety: Information that summarizes your hygiene concept
- Payments: At a glance, your customers can find out whether their preferred payment methods are available at your business or store location
Adding attributes for Google My Business
- Log in to your Jimdo account and go to the Dashboard of your website
- Click on Marketing > Business Listings in the left menu
- Click on Attributes
- Click the search box under search for an attribute and choose the appropriate attributes or search for specific attributes and click to add them
- Click Save once you’ve chosen all the attributes you want to use
If you’d like to remove attributes later on, return to the menu where attributes are added and scroll all the way down. Here you’ll find all the active attributes and you can simply click to remove them.