The primary domain of your website is the domain that is shown in the address bar upon visiting your website. If you’re using multiple domains with your website, then you can choose the primary domain freely, provided these domains are internal. These are domains that were registered directly with Jimdo or transferred to Jimdo.
But if it’s an external domain, meaning a domain that’s with another provider and that is being forwarded to your Jimdo website, then this domain will only appear as the primary domain if no other domain is in use with your website. In a way, internal domains have precedence in this respect.
Setting the primary domain of your website
- Make sure that you’re logged in to your Jimdo account and choose the desired website
- Click on Website Builder > Domains in the left menu
- Click on the link that says Change primary domain underneath your domains
- Read the notice, check the box next to the domain you’d like to use as the primary domain, then click the Change primary domain button to confirm
- Done! Your new primary domain will now be displayed in the browser address bar when your website is accessed through one of the connected domains