By using a base (or unit) price for your products, you can more clearly communicate to your customers how the prices of your products are calculated. This can be especially useful if you sell the same products in varying sizes, as it makes it easy for you to emphasize that larger quantities offer better value to your customers.
Setting a base price for a product
- Log in to your Jimdo account and choose the desired website
- Click on Store on the very left, then choose Products and categories
- Click the product you’d like to edit
- Set the price of your product in the left menu
- Check the box next to Set unit price
- Choose the appropriate unit in the field beneath and enter the quantity for your product in the field next to it - the price per unit will be calculated automatically by our system and displayed under the product price in your store
Now, when browsing your store, your customers can easily understand how the prices of your products are structured.
Hint: Adjust the price for products that contain larger quantities accordingly and encourage your customers to pick the more expensive (but better value!) product.