You’ve already connected your domain to your Jimdo website and would now like to create your own domain email address? You're in the right place!
- An email forwarding address is not a fully-fledged email account. This means that you cannot send emails from this address and that incoming emails are being forwarded to your actual email account
- Forwarding addresses can only be used with a domain that is hosted by Jimdo
- Your domain may not contain any special characters, like German Umlauts or characters from the Greek alphabet
Setting up email forwarding
Before you start with the step-by-step guide, please make sure that you have verified the email address you’d like to forward to in your profile. Then, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Jimdo account and choose the desired website
- Click on Email on the left edge
- Choose the tab Email Forwarding
- Under Email alias, enter the forwarding address - the address you’d like to forward
- Under Forward to..., choose the existing email account that all messages should be forwarded to. If your email address is not shown here you’ll have to add it to your Jimdo account profile first
- Click on the Add forwarder button
Note that it will take up to 24 hours for the forwarding to be active.