Strikethrough prices are a tested method that can draw attention to special offers. Whether you’re starting a sale or offer your products at a reduced price due to a sales promotion – strikethrough prices are a good means of attracting customer attention.
Adding Strikethrough Prices
- Log in to your Jimdo account and choose your website
- Click edit to enter your Dolphin website’s edit mode
- Click on Store > All categories and products located in the top bar
- Click on the three dots (⋮) next to the product you’d like to change and choose Edit
- Check the box Set sale price next to the product or a variant thereof – that way you can decide which variants of your product appear with a reduced price
- Set the sale price in the new field and click on Save
If you’re having a product with multiple variants in your store and would like to offer discounts only for certain variants, the price of this product will be displayed as a price range. If a customer is shopping in your store and chooses a variant, the product will show the actual price.
This is not the case if you have a product with multiple variants that all have the same sale price. In those cases, the discounted price will also show before your customer chooses a specific variant of your product.