If you've published your website prematurely or want to unpublish your website for another reason, you can revert the publishing of your website as follows.
Unpublishing your website
- Log in to your Jimdo account and choose the desired website
- Click Edit Website to enter your Dolphin website’s edit mode
- Click the three dot menu (⋮) next to the Publish button in the top right corner
- Click Unpublish
- Read the note that follows, then click the Unpublish website button
- Done! Now your website can no longer be accessed on the internet
If your website is offline, that means that search engines like Google also won't be able to see it anymore. Please note that, as a consequence, an already established ranking on Google might be lost and needs to be reestablished once your website is published once again. That is also the case if you take your website offline temporarily.
If you'd like to hide your website content for a while in order to maintain your website, we would instead recommend to simulate an Under Contruction mode on your website. In our blog we explain just how to do this:
How to Write an “Under Construction” Website Text with Examples