Every new, published Dolphin website is accessible via the free *.jimdosite subdomain. If you’re using a paid Dolphin plan, you may use your own domain instead. Let’s talk about the registration process.
Register your domain
- Log in to your Jimdo account and choose the desired website
- Click Edit to enter your Dolphin website’s edit mode
- Click on Get your own domain located in the top bar
- You’ll now be given some suggestions - choose one of them or type in your desired domain
- Click Select next to the domain of your choice
- Fill in the registration form - we’ll take care of everything else
The registration process usually takes between 1 - 5 days.
You'll need to stick to certain general rules when registering a domain. These owner regulations are compliant with the responsible registration authority - for example, ICANN for .com, *.net, and org. domains or the Denic for *.de domains.