Every new, published Jimdo website is accessible via the free *.jimdosite subdomain. If you’re using a Jimdo premium plan, you may use your own domains instead. Let’s talk about the registration process.
Register your domain
- Make sure that you’re logged in to your Jimdo account and choose the desired website
- Click on Website Builder > Domains in the left menu
- Click on the Search button underneath New Domain
- You’ll now be given some suggestions - choose one of them or type in your desired domain by clicking on Browse more options
- Click Select next to the domain of your choice
- Fill in the registration form
- For domains that are not country specific (like .com), you’ll receive an email from us containing a verification link. Please click this verification link in order to finish registering your domain.
Please note that this has to be done within 14 days in order for you to use your domain
The registration process is usually completed within 24 hours. Within your dashboard, your domain will be displayed with the Pending status until the registration is finished.
- You’ll need to stick to certain general rules when registering a domain. These owner regulations are compliant with the responsible registration authority - for example, ICANN for *.com, *.net, and *org. domains or the Denic for *.de domains.
- Find out which domain extensions are supported if you register your domain with Jimdo:
Which domain extensions are supported?
- Would you like to register a second domain for your website? You'll find the right information here:
How can I register a second domain for my Jimdo website?