You can connect G Suite to your domain in order to create a fully featured email account (@yourdomain.com).
In case you’re using a forwarded domain, you’d have to take care of these settings at your domain provider. The following instruction only applies for a domain registered at Jimdo.
Please note: G Suite is a paid service offered by Google.
New G Suite Account
- Sign up for the paid G Suite package
- After logging in, you will see the screen to Set up G Suite
- Add at least one person to G Suite (this will be the email account later on)
- Click on Verify your domain
- Check the boxes I have successfully logged in and I have opened the control panel for my domain
- Copy the TXT record within the field Value / Answer / Destination found in the section Create a new text record
- Log in to your Jimdo account and choose the desired website
- Click on the paper plane icon (Email) on the left edge
- Click the G Suite tab
- Paste the TXT record into the empty field and click Save
- Log back in to your G Suite
- Check the remaining boxes
- Click on Verify Domain and Set Up Email
- Should the verification fail after some time has passed, please check the boxes once again and repeat the verification process
It can take up to 72 hours for you to be able to use your email account. To use your email account, simply sign in to Gmail.
Existing G Suite Account
- Log in to your Google Admin console
- Go to Domains in the admin console or click on more controls > domains
- On the Domains page, click on add a domain or a domain alias
- Click on Add another domain and enter your domain name
- Click Continue and verify domain ownership
- You should now see Domain name provider as the recommended method. If not, click on the tab that says Choose a different method and choose Add a domain host record (TXT or CNAME)
- Click on the drop down menu and choose Other
- Copy the TXT record shown under step 1 (“Add the TXT record below to the DNS configuration for YOUR DOMAIN”)
- Afterwards, proceed at step 7 of the instruction above