You can connect G Suite to your domain in order to create a fully featured email account (@yourdomain.com).
In case you’re using a forwarded domain, you’d have to take care of these settings at your domain provider. The following instruction only applies for a domain registered at Jimdo.
Please note: G Suite is a paid service offered by Google.
Creating a G Suite account and verifying your domain
- Sign up for the paid G Suite package
- After logging in, you will see the screen to Set up G Suite
- Click on the X in the top left corner to cancel this process for now
- Open the menu in the top left corner and choose Apps > G Suite
- In the following section, you’ll see a red bar at the very top prompting you to verify your domain
- Click Verify
- Click Next in the G Suite setup wizard until the window Verify your domain appears – here, click Begin verification
- Choose the method Domain name provider, then choose other from the dropdown menu below
- Copy the TXT record shown under step 1. It starts with ”google-site-verification=...”
Afterwards, you’ll need to take care of a few steps from within the dashboard of your Jimdo account. Please don’t close the browser window in which the verification of your domain takes place. Instead, open a new browser window or tab for the following steps.
- Log in to your Jimdo account and choose your website
- Click on the paper plane icon (Email) on the left edge
- Click the G Suite tab
- Paste the TXT record into the empty field and click Save
- Go back to the browser window containing the domain verification and click the Verify button
Normally, your domain should be verified after a short waiting period. If this action fails, please click the Verify button once again.
It can take up to 72 hours for you to be able to use your email account. To use your email account, simply sign in to Gmail.