If you prefer to continue using certain services (such as email accounts) through your external domain host, forwarding your domain is a suitable method. You'll need one of our premium plans if you want to forward a domain to your Dolphin website.
Adding your domain
First, add the domain to your Dolphin website:
- Log in to your Jimdo account and choose the desired website
- Click on Domains on the left side
- Choose Add an external domain
- Enter your domain and click on Next
Managing domain settings
Now, make the necessary changes to the settings at your domain host and select one of the following methods to forward your domain:
We recommend using the CNAME method, as forwarding via Nameservers could lead to certain services being unavailable at your domain host.
- We do not support forwarding via A-Record
- If you’ve already transferred a domain to Jimdo or registered a domain with Jimdo, that domain will remain your primary domain (the domain that visitors see in their browser’s address bar)
- In total, 2 domains can be used with a Dolphin website. That's one internal domain that was registered at Jimdo and another, external domain that you forward to your website