When sending a parcel to your customer, you can add a tracking link to the order in your online store. When marking the order as sent, this sends a confirmation email containing the tracking link to your customer. Furthermore, you can add information about the delivery - this is especially useful if you take care of delivery yourself.
Adding a tracking link to an order
- Log in to your Jimdo account and choose the desired website
- Click Edit to enter your Dolphin website’s edit mode
- Go to the bar at the top and then click on Store > Overview
- Click on Orders
- Click the + Add link next to the order you'd like to edit
- First, select a Delivery service provider from the menu. If the delivery provider of your choice does not appear here, choose Other.
If you're the one delivering the order choose Self-delivery here
- Then, fill in the Parcel tracking ID in the field below
- Add more information in the Note to customer text field, if needed
- Click Save in the bottom right corner
- If you'd like to send the confirmation email, simply click on Send confirmation
Information for self-delivery
If you choose Self-delivery in step 6, the following step for the parcel tracking ID is omitted. Instead, you can provide additional information to your customers using the Note to customer field. For instance, you could mention the estimated time of delivery here.
- A clickable link that appears in the confirmation email is only created if the delivery provider of your choice is available on our list. If you choose Other in step 6, however, your customers can still track their order by going to the website of the chosen parcel service and putting in their tracking number manually
- If a confirmation email is not delivered for any reason, you can resend this email by choosing the order and clicking on Re-send confirmation