Would you like to enable your customers to add detailed information about their order? Allow your customers to enter additional details directly, such as customization requests or requests related to shipping.
We offer two different features for this. You can allow your customers to add a note to their whole order and furthermore, you can activate personalization wishes for select products in your store. You will then see the submitted texts in the order overview in your website’s edit mode, as well as in the confirmation email that you receive after an order has been placed.
Activating personalization for select store products
- Log in to your Jimdo account and choose the desired website
- Go to the product where adding personalization should be made possible
- Click on Add personalization next to the product
- In the left menu, click the button next to Add personalization
- Enter the instructions that your customers should see and whether this is supposed be a required field
- Click Save
Activating order notes
- Make sure you're logged in to your Jimdo website
- Click on Store in the left menu
- Now click on Orders
- Click on the button next to Allow customers to leave an order note at checkout (you’ll find this button located in the middle if there are no orders in your store yet. If you already have orders in this overview, then the button is at the top)
Remember to publish your website again after these changes so that your visitors are able to see them on your website.