If you want to use your own domain with your paid Dolphin website, you have three options.
What are my options?
- Register a domain: You can register a domain and have it connected to your Dolphin website automatically.
- Transfer a domain: You can move your domain to Jimdo from your existing provider. We’ll take over the hosting of your domain.
- Domain forwarding: Your domain is being forwarded to your Jimdo website. This means your domain will remain with your external domain registrar. You can still use other functions, like email or subdomains, through your external host.
- Own domains can only be used with Dolphin premium plans
- You may use up to two domains with your Dolphin website; one domain that was registered with or transferred to Jimdo (internal) and one forwarded domain (external)
- If you’re using two domains with your website, the internal domain that is registered with Jimdo will always be the primary domain (the domain that is visible in the address bar when visiting the website)