Guide: Transfer a domain to Dolphin
You want to transfer your domain from your previous provider to Jimdo and connect it to your paid Dolphin website? No problem!
Transferring your domain and thus connecting it to your Dolphin website is only possible if you’re not using an included domain yet. If you've already registered a domain with your Dolphin website, you can set up a domain redirect over at your current domain host.
You can transfer domains with different domain extensions to Jimdo. Make sure your domain has one of these endings.
Begin the domain transfer process
- Log in to your Jimdo account and choose the desired website
- Click Edit to enter your Dolphin website’s edit mode
- Click on Get your own domain located in the top bar
- Enter your own domain and click Yes, this is mine
- Read and confirm the checkboxes, then enter the AuthCode
- Check the domain ownership data
- Click on Start Transfer
The domain transfer usually takes 1-5 days.