You want to transfer your domain from your previous provider to Jimdo and connect it to your paid Dolphin website? No problem!
- Transferring your domain and thus connecting it to your Dolphin website is only possible if you’re not using an included domain yet. If you've already registered a domain with your Dolphin website, you can set up a domain redirect over at your current domain host.
- In order to transfer your domain to Jimdo, you'll need the AuthCode from your previous domain host. Depending on the domain provider, the methods for acquiring said AuthCode might differ. You should be able to get the details from your current domain provider (or from their online help).
- Please back up the contents of any email accounts connected to your domain. Your email accounts won't be available after starting the transfer and have to be set up again once the transfer is successfully completed.
- You can transfer domains with different domain extensions to Jimdo. Make sure your domain has one of these endings.
Begin the domain transfer process
- Log in to your Jimdo account and choose the desired website
- Click Edit to enter your Dolphin website’s edit mode
- Click on Get your own domain located in the top bar
- Enter your own domain and click Yes, this is mine
- Read and confirm the checkboxes, then enter the AuthCode
- Check the domain ownership data
- Click on Start Transfer
The domain transfer usually takes 1-5 days.